Logo della Società Pesarese di Studi Storici



  
Società pesarese di studi storici - eng

The "Società pesarese di studi storici" is an open, non profit making association, whose purpose is to promote the historical research and study of Pesaro and its region. The review “Studi pesaresi”, edited in Italian by the Società, is sent to the members; it is also forwarded to the most important Italian libraries.

Foreign scholars' papers and proposals for academic cooperation are welcome.
You may join the association by completing in the application form and sending the fee (30,00 Euros) payable by cheque or bank remittance to "Società pesarese di studi storici", account no. 8917, agency no. 1 (Pesaro) of "Banca delle Marche" (Iban: IT 95Z 06055 13311 0000 0000 8917; Bic: BAMAIT3AXXX).

For further information please apply to Ms Francesca Gallinari ( f.gallinari@intercontact.it ).

Pesaro is situated on the Italian Adriatic. A colonia civium Romanorum from 184 b.C., it was a town of the Byzantine pentapolis following the fall of the Western empire. During the Middle Ages it was a free commune under Papal high sovereignty. Later, as a mediate subjecta, it was ruled by the seigneurs Malatesta, the Sforza and the Della Rovere, dukes of Urbino. Directly ruled by the Holy See since 1631, it was the main town of the apostolic legation of Urbino and Pesaro, thus a province of the Papal States. In 1860 it was occupied by the Piedmontese troops and annexed to the kingdom of Italy.

E-mail: rpu@abanet.it
c.f. 92007540419